Friday, January 23, 2009

IT IS GREAT TO BE ALIVE!!

Okay, I know that I don't blog that often and I don't really have that great of a reason most often, but this time I do! AND I have a great reason to be blogging again. It is a well known fact that I am a democrat through and through even to the chagrin of my parents and many loved ones. I am blogging for two reasons today and President Obama, oh how I love the sound of that, is only one of the reasons. Despite the actual horrible air that is permeating outside all over Salt Lake City, I am breathing much better than I have in many years for two very good reasons.

Reason #1- Barack Obama is President of the United States.
Reason #2- I received a pacemaker three weeks ago.

I will spare you all the diatribe I had planned on going on about FORMER President Bush and why I am so excited about the new administration because if you know me you have heard it; however, I would love to share with you about how great my new life has become. I received my pacemaker three weeks ago and I truly feel like a new person. I have more energy and life and think that if I had known I could live like this I would have had it put in years ago. Ryan of course continues to tell me that I am now a robot with my new device. There are several quirks to having a pacemaker that I am still getting used to.
*I can't use headphones with my ipod
*I can't answer my cordless handheld home phone
*I can't snow blow or mow my lawn (like I was doing that before!)
*I can only use my cell phone in my right ear
*I have to be patted down at the airport I can't go through security

Things like that aren't really that big a deal, the one I hope will go away is that I can't lay down on my left side. All things being said and done I feel like a completely new person. I am never short of breath or dizzy any more. This is a new lease on life for me. So talk about HOPE and CHANGE, I think I have it all covered!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME Emily!! I am so happy for you! and HOORAY FOR PRES OBAMA!!! I am thrilled!

Denice said...

I am SO excited for you and your new pacemaker, and also excited (maybe that's more "cautiously optimistic") about Pres. Obama. So can you really not use headphones at all?? That is kind of a pain. . .

Trevor and Brooke said...

Hooray! You finally updated! I had a blast the other night and I'm so glad to hear you are doing great. Please just be smarter about going exercising in this crappy air we're having!!

Mandee said...

You already know how I feel about Obama... (this is me dry heaving)but I will thank you again for the delicious oatmeal cookies that you made in attempts to comfort my broken Republican heart.

But most importantly- your pacemaker- I am so happy for you! So, do you feel better? Has it changed life for you? Do you notice a difference? Does it make you want to blog more?

Nicole said...

Yeah! That is so good to hear! You deserved it a year ago! But I'm not going to lie, that is a lot of weird things to adjust to! And I will admit that I think this country needs a change and so I'm am excited too and am willing to give him a chance. But I hope that he can bring the change that I and the rest of the nation has been demanding lately.

dan shaw said...

couldn't be happier for you!! I will even give Obama a fair chance (until my taxes go up for some worthless program that no one has to work for). most importantly i am glad for you new life!! We love you.

donnamae53 said...

Emily, Yahoo! I am so happy that the pacemaker is making such a difference! Wow, how grateful we are for good health. This is one CHANGE that I can put my vote in for. And now that Obama is in, what is there to say? Go on a mad for the next fours years? Now that is so smart. Nahh, I really want things to change and so I support him and I also figured out that so far he is a man of action, and I like that. Now let's just HOPE things keep changing and America is alive and well, just like you. Love you, Aunt Donna

Ashley said...

Hey, I had no idea about the pacemaker. What was it for? And I am right there with you as far as Obama goes!