Thursday, June 12, 2008

IT IS WAY BETTER GETTING IT FROM YOUR PEEPS!!


Okay, for those regular readers of my blog. I received my first blue box from Tiffany & Co. for Mother's day; however, the sweet story behind it was there was no sweet story (see post and tears below). I am not ungrateful for the gift from Ryan I feel a little jilted that he wasn't a part of the purchase. ANYWAY...

I have the best peeps in the entire world. I was in Vegas when I first chose the necklace that "said husband" bought for me for Mother's day. There were actually TWO necklaces that I loved and had a hard time choosing which one "said husband" was going to buy. So for my birthday, my two best friends in the whole world took me to Park City for dinner and a movie. When we were eating dinner, they said, "Present Time!!" and I kid you not they pulled out a BLUE BOX!!! Yes, my friends, my peeps, bought me the other necklace that I loved! I am telling you, I finally got that Blue Box feeling that I was wanting. I was almost in tears. I was so excited I couldn't believe how thoughtful my friends were. All I could say was, "how are you going to top this next year!"

Not to always quote movies, but...

"Yeah, I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something , I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." --- Dumb & Dumber

Thank you Judy and Dawn for always paying attention to me and listening to me and making me feel important. You are are the best friends I could ask for. Thanks for making my birthday so fun. (I know this really is just going into the void space of the Internet because neither one of you ever read my blog, but it needs to be said)

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, I have to say. That is a pretty good story! You do have amazing friends. Your quilts are gorgeous. Way to go!

Amber said...

I am so excited you had a great birthday. You have great friends. I know I didn't get you a Tiffany box, but I love ya too!

Dan K Shaw said...

What a great Bday. the real question is did Ryan read the Blog. Always a great read. Love you and keep getting those Blue Boxes.

Nicole said...

That is exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks!

Ashley said...

Um, do your friends want to be MY friends ;) Send them my way puhlease! Happy Birthday Emily.

Terri said...

Em, what an amazing birthday. I dont know if I will ever get a blue box. Lucky girl. I got your comment on my blog. My dad has said that to us since we were little. He always made us feel beautiful. I am still waiting for that call from you. :)
But I guess it will be more fun to visit when I have a little one to show off. I love ya Emily and appreciate all your sweet comments.