Tuesday, July 15, 2008

MILEY MONTANA!! oh and the beach...

So, as you all know I have an adorable daughter that LOVES Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana, whatever her name is. Anyway, when she found out that she was coming to Utah's Stadium of Fire she went nuts and wanted me to "get tickets." As though that was the easiest thing to do. Well, Heather and I did our best on-line to "get tickets" like the rest of the mom's did and the tickets sold out in the first two hours. I told Kate I was sorry, but that I would be taking her to see Wicked in Los Angeles. She said it was okay and she understood and still thought that I was the best mommy in the world.

Well, little did she know that I actually "got tickets" (I am doing air quotes because it makes the story better!) on KSL.com. We kept it a secret from her. We were supposed to be driving to our beach trip on the 4th so we packed up the car and headed down "to the beach!" After a lovely stop at Grandma Patsy's we headed on our trip. We passed the stadium and were going up toward the temple "to park." Kate says, "Mom, did you know that Zac got tickets to see Miley?" (oh, those are real quotes.) I told her how great I thought that was for him and I hoped he had a great time. Kate then BURST into tears. Very unlike her. Saying that she was okay just sad that she wasn't going to the concert and upset because Zac had rubbed it in her face that he was going and she wasn't.

I was shocked. She was crying... I was thinking how glad I was that we "HAD TICKETS," Ryan then parked the car and said, "Kate, why don't we walk it off." She was so upset she said she didn't want to and wouldn't get out of the car. We finally got her out of the car and I told Ryan to give her the "TICKETS!" She went stone faced. She couldn't move. She said, "tickets, what tickets?" I then told her that we had had tickets for months and wanted to surprise her, she couldn't talk the whole way to the stadium. Needless to say, the "SURPRISE" went off without a glitch and she had the time of her life. It is definitely a memory I will never forget, one I hope she will remember for years to come.

Like I said we were on our way to the beach. That was the truth. We stayed at Grandma Patsy's that night and got up at 4 am and headed to the beach. We went with Grandpa Lynn and the entire gang. There were 25 of us. It was a cousin heaven. I think it was the first time I have ever spent an entire 9 days with my kids on vacation and not once did they say they were bored!! It was GREAT!! Here is a run down of what we accomplished while were were there.

*Three Major League Baseball Games
*Two Rounds of Golf (Ryan and Marshall)
*Disneyland (All 25 of us!!)
*Wicked (just the girls, it was great!)
*Doughnuts EVERYDAY!!
*Grocery Store EVERYDAY!!
*Shopping
*Reece's Peanut Butter Cup Smoores!!

Fun was had by all and now we are home and the kids start school in 3 weeks!! Summer is almost over. Here are a few pictures in the slide show at the top, enjoy!!

8 comments:

Amber said...

I love that story about Kate! That is one that will go down in history. I am sure her kids will hear about it. I am glad the kids got to play with their cousins. The beach is such a great vacation because it keeps the kids busy all day long, then they are tired at night! The pictures are great, what cute kids.

heather said...

That is one big group of people for a beach trip. Are you still finding sand everywhere?

Nicole said...

You are such a good mom! That is an awesome story! The beach sounds so fun too! I miss the reunions at oceanside! I loved the slide show too! Looks like this summer was productive and a blast, after a vacation like that I bet you have minimized the complaining about school .....At least a little!

Unknown said...

It seems like everyone is blogging now! I don't put many pictures up. I guess I need to get on that. Jenny is supposed to do the picture thing, but that doesn't happen.

Miley was fun, I saw Heather! I haven't seen her in about 25 years.

Denice said...

25 people at Disneyland has to have been fun . . . Oh, and Reeses smores? THERE'S a delicacy I certainly NEED to try!! I'm so glad you got to surprise Kate with tickets. Too fun!

Christie Stewart said...

That story gave me the chills because it was so good. I can just imagine how fun it was to secretly have the tickets all along. I would be so excited to tell her. And then to get to watch her excitement when you gave them to her and getting to see her at the show. So fun! Those are some of the best moments in life!

jaredean said...

wow, not only did you hook your girl up but you then took them all on an amazing trip (3 Baseball Games!!!)...we just got back from Colorado and although we got to 3 games we only got the kids into one...i'll be posting about it in the next couple of days (the first two games are already posted, but i didn't get pictures from the 3rd day with the kids until recently)...

you rock girl...hope your life is going great...by the way, we are going to see Wicked in London for my 40th birthday (40th!!! man, i'm up there)...you are officially invited to find me the recipe for those cookies we made in Vegas as a birthday present :-)

Aubrey said...

That sounds like quite the summer trip and the cutest story about the "tickets". I'm impressed that you got some, they were quite the hot item. What a great mom!