Monday, July 28, 2008

Hotter than H E double hockey sticks!!!

Okay, so if someone would like to tell me exactly how I grew up in Las Vegas please feel free!! I am so sick and tired of the heat I think that I am going to SCREAM!!! When I say that I am sick of it I mean it. I am sick of going from one room to the next in my 1945 house and gasping for air because my HUGE air conditioner can't keep up. I am sick of my butt sticking to my leather couch. (wait, okay I am not naked on my couch, so it really is my legs that are sticking, but I am sick of in none-the-less!) I am sick of finally getting cool at about 4:30 in the morning and then it getting HOT again around 7! I am sick of having to go somewhere and getting into my car and thinking that I am going to die because there is no air and it is roughly 145 degrees in my car. I am sick of my grass looking dead and of course I am not going to water it to death, what a waste. Most of all, I am sick of food not sounding good because I am just to stinkin' hot to eat!!

So, this post is mostly me venting about how much I hate the heat. I don't know how I ever survived the heat in Vegas. If Ryan ever says that he has been offered a million dollar a year job in Vegas/Phoenix I will have to say have a great time, send me the checks! I am done with it and I mean D O N E with it. Just so you know, I am not an idiot, I know that it is going to still be hot like this for at least another 5 weeks or so and then I also know that I will post something very similar in the winter telling you all that I am sick of the cold. That is the reason that I tell Ryan he married me, I am passionate about everything.

So, in light of the heat wave, if that is what you want to call it. We took our kids up the mountains to get away from it all. We took them to Silver Lake for a picnic dinner and walk around the lake. It was just what the doctor ordered. Here are a few pic's from our nice evening.






One of the only times Marshall is not bothering his sister Kate!!




Isn't he so stinkin' cute!!


Speaking of Stinkin' Cute...

9 comments:

heather said...

Max just last night was saying that he is ready for it to snow. Obviously, he is tired of the heat too. Cute pictures of your kids.

jaredean said...

We had the same idea on Saturday and took the kids up to Sundance (not too far up the canyon) and I was hoping it would be nice and cold or at least quite a bit cooler...but, it was still pretty warm up there and we hiked up to the top of a little peak and I was sweating up a storm (ok, i might have some extra weight helping me sweat)...

I'm glad you remember the cookie story...i loved hanging out at your guys house and you were always my favorite Shaw girl (don't tell your sisters :-) I kept looking for someone to marry that had 2 different color eyes, but you are quite unique in that fashion my girl!

Dan K Shaw said...

Talk to me when its 112 like it is here, then you can complain.

Kristin said...

What cute pictures of your kids! I have to agree...I don't enjoy the heat, but I LOVE the cold weather. If Kenley gets a job in Alaska I would move in heartbeat!

Kristen said...

That sounds so fun! I also want to get out of the heat. It has been so muggy lately! I wish I would have seen you guys at the concert! It was so much fun huh!

Trevor and Brooke said...

You crack me up. I would much prefer the heat to the cold. At least with the heat you can go out at night and have the most amazing nights, that can't happen in the winter. I also don't have to bundle my kids up for 15 minutes every time I leave the house - in the summer just grab the flip flops and go. You have to remember that you had a pool in Vegas and that is how you survived it!!

Denice said...

What great pictures of your kids!! SO cute!! Getting away to the mountains sounds great -- last week we were in Bear Lake, and the highs were in like the 80's -- heaven!

Unknown said...

I wonder the same thing sometimes, "How did Emily grow up in Vegas?!?"

I just sent Jenny and the kids down there a couple weeks ago for a few days, but I stayed behind, supposedly to "work." In reality it was to avoid the HEAT!!!

Andrew H said...

Oh and yes, I do complain about the cold weather as well.