Saturday, January 12, 2008

What A Week I'm Having!!!



I know that I am having longer and longer spurts in between my posts. I am sorry about that. This having a job thing is really killing me. I am starting to think that my life wasn't so bad before and I wondering why I said yes when they offered me the job. Oh, that's right I have a job with a cause and I love it. I have to remind myself that every morning; however, lately I feel like the people in the picture above. I can't tell you how many times this week I have done something and then said " oh, crap! what was I thinking" only to realize I obviously wasn't thinking. Don't get me wrong I know I did that plenty of times before my job, it just seems to feel like a bigger deal when I have a boss instead of an 8 year old laughing at me.

Anyway, I went to dinner with the Valley Girls (Jessie, Brooke, Tanya, Lori, H) the other night and I have to tell you it made my week. Being able to sit with the girls and chat and spend time with people that are in the same stage of life and yet can still love me even though they knew me when I dated ______please fill in the blank because I know that each of you will fill in the blank with said dork. I know I dated my fair share, I deserve it, but hey we can all admit they weren't all dorks right Heather.

Okay, so you know me and movie quotes. My movie quote is in the title and it is sooo easy that I feel a little bad for making it so easy. But, I wanted to tell you all about a movie that I just saw that is so good. I usually just quote movies and I don't talk about the one's that I just saw, but I am going to recommend a great one. I just saw Juno and I would highly recommend this movie to you all. It is funny, touching and thought provoking. It is one of the best written movies that I have seen in a long time. I would see it if I were you because there is a high probability that I will quote it in the months to come. If you have seen it, I would love to hear your comments on it. Thanks and I hope to be back soon. Sorry again for the long pauses.

10 comments:

Katie said...

I saw June before Christmas with a friend of mine and LOVED IT! But, I'll be honset...I kind of love quirky movies like that and it was so weird and funny and the one liners were CLASSIC. I thought Dwight from the office had some of the best ones in the drug store. Probably not for everyone, but I enjoyed it.

emily said...

I agree about Dwight, he was CLASSIC!! But, hey Katie do you know what movie I quoted?

heather said...

It took me awhile but I think I know the movie. Is it from Splash? I had fun the other night at dinner too. We need to make it a common occurrence.

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I totally agree about dinner. It was so fun to just sit and talk and enjoy being with each other. We don't see each other enough. I know Heather and Brooke see each other all the time but we need to ALL get together. I am sure your are doing a great job at your new job. You never do anything at 50 percent. You are always giving 110 percent and they are lucky to have you. I have to go and see Juno now. I will let you know what I think.

Jamie said...

Hi Emily- Pat told me about your blog so of course I had to check it out!!! Fun to see your cute kiddos pictures and hear about all the happenings!

Amber said...

Great picture! I would agree with Heather and your movie quote is from Splash! It sounded like you had a good time with the girls. I am looking forward to have more opportunities to see everyone soon. I am sure you are doing great in your job! Hany in there.

Christie Stewart said...

I was really bummed that I missed dinner, so I am requesting a do-over. Tanya said it was really fun. What is the deal with you girls picking nights that don't work for me!!! Could somebody coordinate with me next time?! JK.

It was fun to see you Emily at book club. I love that you joined. FYI, any of you other girls are also welcome.

As for Juno, I LOVED it. But, of course I did. Emily and I seem to be incompliance with movie taste. We both must have a great sense of humor!

Denice said...

Well, you are the second person I know that has recommended Juno in their blog, so I am excited to go see it sometime! I always love the pictures you put up here - how do you find them?? And I have to mention, you are still ahead of me on updating blogs, as I have been taking a big long break since December. I hope next week is better for you.

Nicole said...

I was laughing so hard at that "shcool" picture! Thanks for the comment! Hope that life is great and it will be fun keeping tabs on you! I have given my parents the permission to get on too, they just loved reading your blog and all of the updates!
--Nicole

Nicole said...

Like parents need permission . . . maybe I should say in depth instructions so they could figure it out!