Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Hap, Hap, Happiest Christmas!!





I know it has been a while since I have blogged and I am sorry about that. I got this new job and now I find that I am so busy that I don't have time to see my family anymore. I am trying my best to get a grip, but it may take some doing. I loved reading over all of your blogs. Seeing that most of you had anniversaries was great!! It reminded me that OH, I did too!! Ryan and I have been married for 14 years!! I am still amazed that he has stayed with me all these years or visa verse!! Whatever it is it seems to work so far. Time sure flies though, it seems like yesterday that I married him, yet he brought to my attention that 14 years before I married him I was 5!! What was I thinking!! I know you do the math, I was way too young to get married. But, hey it's worked so far. I must say that Heather and Jessie are much braver than I am for posting their wedding pictures because theirs show progress, I have the same hair and have gained 30 lbs. GROSS!! I am leaving mine where they belong, in a drawer.

Christmas was like every year...CRAZY!!! I will quote a movie; however I know that you will all know this movie,

"No,no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny @%$@# Kaye!!"

I feel like that every Christmas. I think that the fact that I come out still breathing on December 26th is a miracle. It seems to never get easier even though every year we try something new. One day maybe. We did it all again this year. The Nutcracker on Christmas Eve, dinner at Grandma's, visiting all the parents, and getting it all done at home by Christmas morning if you get my drift!! In the end, I would still have it no other way. I love family and I love seeing family at Christmas. I was sad not being able to see the "dozens" from Japan and Cincinnati and Boston. It hurts to not have everyone near at Christmas. It just isn't the same. So, even though things are crazy and nuts we like having all the nuts here to share in the crazy!! We send our love to all of you this holiday season and hope to see you all very soon.

6 comments:

heather said...

Em-
The pictures are cute and I'm glad you had a great Christmas. Thanks for letting Kate come and stay for New Year's they had fun. Don't you love the Dr. Suess hat she picked from Fat Cats? I thought it was great.

Amber said...

It was so good to see you and your family this season. Your pictures are so great. For some reason I can't get my slideshows to work. I tried again with my Christmas pictures without any luck! Thanks again for the yummy food and good company on Saturday, we had a great time. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Trevor and Brooke said...

You're alive! It's nice to hear from you again and to also see that you too had a great Christmas. I hope all is going well. Hope to see you soon!

Christie Stewart said...

I love that you have your new job and that makes you flaky. It makes me feel better about myself because I am that very same way. I would love to do lunch and pictures for you. Let's round up some of the girls! Brooke, Tanya, and whoever else lives nearby.

Glad you had a nice Christmas!

Dan K Shaw said...

What a great slide show! I loved all of the pics, hardly recognized Kyle. It was great to see everyone and someday the holidays will be relaxing. Love you all.

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

Yay I am so glad you are back! I have wondered I where you were. I check your blog everyday awaiting an update. The pictures are great and I loved your Christmas card. Your kids are getting so old, but then again so are mine! Talk to you soon.