Sunday, November 25, 2007

CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY!!



So, a lot has happened since my last blog... Kate turned 8!!! And, my KITCHEN IS DONE!!! Well, relatively speaking. The back splash isn't completely done and there is a few little odds and ends that need to be done, but I officially cooked Thanksgiving dinner!! I think that should count for something. I posted pictures of both momentous occasions. Kate's party was a huge success. I can't believe that she is 8 years old already (and not because I haven't lost the baby weight yet) because she is still that little premature 4 lb. nothing that I could pick-up with one hand and I thought would never gain weight. Why is it that when they are little like that we don't believe people when they tell us that they grow so fast because we think that we are going to be stuck in that poop and vomit hell forever. But, then we blink and they are 8 and wanting shiny lipstick and clothes instead of toys for Christmas. When did I turn into that Mom? The Mom that I remember growing up with, the one that I still remember having, not the one that I am becoming!! I am okay with being the Mom of babies, but the Mom of a girl that wants lipstick and a boy that is getting emails from girls and on the verge on needing DEODORANT!! What is this world becoming. I can't possibly be old enough for that!!

Okay, I am done with my little tirade. I am sorry about that. Now about my slide show. Kate's party. She invited all the girls in her 3rd grade class. And a few boys. I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a crush between Kate and the boy in the striped shirt; however, as you can see he took quite a beating at the party. Kate has a great group of girlfriends in her class and I am grateful for that. It was a High School Musical Party and by all the screaming and laughing my guess is that it was a huge hit.

My kitchen, what can I say... I have never been happier. I have a friend who's brother had to take a job in another town and his wife refused to move so she said that he should go (because he was going to make a ton more money) and that she was going to stay "for the children." I told Ryan when the kitchen was done that if ever his job made us move that I was going to have to stay "for the kitchen!" It is such a delight not only to have a kitchen back but to have a dream kitchen to boot!! I want you all over to celebrate!! So, know that as soon as it is officially done and I get my act together I am going to have a party and you are all invited!! Enjoy the pictures and feel free to add oooo's and ahhh's in the comment section!

Oh, and it has been a while so I will put in a Movie Quote, I won't disappoint.

"Yeah, you gave me the wrong suitcase. Uh-huh. Yes, it's a black Samsonite. Uh-huh. OK, well don't you think that the Samsonite people, in some crazy scheme in order to make a profit MADE MORE THAN ONE BLACK SUITCASE!?"

17 comments:

Trevor and Brooke said...

Your kitchen looks amazing! I bet you are so glad to be able to cook in your own house again. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I love love love your kitchen! It turned out beautiful and I am going to hold you to the promise that you are going to have me over! I am not excited for Chloe to grow up! I wish she could stay this age forever minus the diapers. I am so glad she is trained but so sad that she is getting older! I can't believe it was 8 years ago that LITTLE Kate was born. Time goes by way to fast. Love you

Unknown said...

Love the kitchen! It is beautiful!!!! I can't believe how big your kids are getting!!! They age me as well! They are sooooo cute! You look great by the way!

nana said...

Sweetheart,
The pictures are amazing I loved how you put them to Christmas music. I'll never forget the day that Kate "Bug" was born. The first time I came into your room after she was born there was such a warm wonderful feeling. I'm sure that heaven was holding on to Kate for as long as they could. Thank you! Thank you! for our Thanksgiving dinner! The food was wonderful and the kitchen was beautiful, it was so fun to be with you all!

Kev and Aubs said...

I love your kitchen. I wish I had my own house so I could make my kitchen the way I want it. And I cannot believe that my little boys will ever be eight. I know they are growing, but they should just freeze the way they are for a bit.

Christie Stewart said...

I love the lighting you choose and the cabinet hardware. Something I would have picked for myself. You did a great job. I know what you mean about them growing up so fast. My step daughter just turned 8. I have been in her life since she was 1. It is amazing how fast it goes by. And I am convinced the older you get the faster it goes.

Christie Stewart said...

I love the lighting you choose and the cabinet hardware. Something I would have picked for myself. You did a great job. I know what you mean about them growing up so fast. My step daughter just turned 8. I have been in her life since she was 1. It is amazing how fast it goes by. And I am convinced the older you get the faster it goes.

Terri said...

Emily dear Iam STAR struk. I covet your kitchen. I want to restain my cabinets and put a back splash up. I love the white cabinets and the dark island. Perfect. And my sweet friend you are so good to me. Your comments make my day. I miss you and truly dont understand why we havent gotten together earlier. Here are my numbers cell 358-1546 and home 790-0121. Love you!!

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I think the quote is Dumb and Dumber. Hopefully I am right!

Mandee said...

Oh my gosh... I finally know one of your movie quotes!

"You can milk just about anything with nipples."

I'm right, aren't I? Do I win anything?

Denice said...

Love the kitchen!! I will come see it soon --

Dan K Shaw said...

I couldn't be more proud of you as a mom and a kitchen designer. YOur the best and your kids are even better. Love you.

emily said...

Sorry, Jess, but Mandee gets a big star on her forehead!!! She is right!! It is from Meet the Parents! I thought about using that quote, but thought that it would be too easy. I love that movie so much and I can't believe that I laugh out lound everytime that I watch it. It is never Not funny.

Thank you all for your great comments. I love you all and can't wait to have you all over for dinner. If any of you want to come over just call and you are welcome. I love you all!!

Kara said...

Nice granite! :) I'm happy you're done and enjoying such a great kitchen. How exciting!

Amber said...

WOW! It looks great. I am so excited to come and see it in person. I can't believe our little peanut Kate is 8! Looks like she had a great day. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Jenny said...

I'm very impressed with the party that you gave Kate. I think that 3 kids for a party is my limit. But then again, I'm pretty whimpy. Congrats on your kitchen!

The Ringleader said...

Emily my long lost den mother in crime...CONGRATS on your kitchen! How are you? You sound like life, kids, and home improvements are going well. I miss our scout days so that we could keep in touch better. It seems that life has gotten crazy for both of us, but I am glad that I found your blog. Now I can stay somewhat updated on your happenings and know that all is well in your world. Take care and tell Kate & Marshall hello.
April