Friday, March 7, 2008

Targhee, Braces, Big Boy Clinic

BRACES, BRACES, BRACES












Look at that cute kid. This is the last moment before we (meaning the mean parents) had the orthodontist put BRACES on that cute adorable boy!













Doesn't this bring back horrible memories for all of us. I mean seriously, it has been more than 20 years since I had my braces and when the orthodontist was putting them on I thought that I was having them put on all over again. (okay, maybe not ALL over again, there was a little bit of enjoyment seeing that it was my son and not me!)














Is is legal for him to still be that cute after getting his braces!!? They say less than 2 years with those babies on...seriously, I had mine on for FOUR years and I had a head gear!! I'm telling you, kids have it so easy these days. Plus, I think they complain way more than I used to.

Okay, his life isn't perfect. Marsh had the "big boy clinic" last week. I told him that I was going to go because I knew so little about boys that I wanted to make sure that I knew where all the hair grew and what was going to happen to him so that I was prepared. Mortified, he said no and I said yes. I told him that LOTS of parents went to the "big talk" and that I wouldn't be the only parent. I also told him that I would sneak in the back and he would never know that I was there.

Well, if any of you know me, do you think that is what went down. NO WAY!! I do what I say. I actually show up a little late (on purpose) and try to sneak in the back. I notice that the swarm of parents apparently didn't get the memo. Marshall's teacher sees me and says, (not in a quite voice, might I add) "Emily, oh here let's get you a chair, Oh, Marshall your mothers here why don't you get up and find her a chair!"

Is she serious!! I grab her arm and pull her to the ground as my son is quickly taking mental notes on what to tell his therapist. I ask her if she has a son, knowing that she does, and then it clicks with her what she has just done and then she quietly sneaks out of the room. I am sure that I do things on a daily basis that my son will record and tell a therapist or his girlfriend about that make me the weirdest or worst mom in the world, but, I now know where all the hair will grow and where all the blood flows and when the voice will change and exactly at what moment my boy will begin to hate me. Oh, boy am I glad that I went to the big boy clinic!!


On a side note, but a big side note. Our family, our entire family went to Targhee this last weekend. We had such a great time. We brought Thomas with us and skied our legs off and swam in the pool and ate lots of great food. Here are some pictures of the the fun weekend. (Oh, you are thinking right, everyone but me skied their legs off!)







Zac, Kate, Thomas, Marsall, all skiing Grand Targhee with the the Grand Tetons in the back.
















Marshall crusin' down the mountain.










The kids couln't get enough of the pool. They loved to try and do this triple tower. This is Thomas, Marshall, and Kate.










How stinkin' cute are these kids!!!










Look at all these fun cousins!! Okay are you ready...



Madison, Lauren, Max,
Marshall, Thomas, Kate, Zac, Jared,
and Sarah!



8 comments:

heather said...

Fun was had by all in Targhee. Thanks for letting me know what I'm in store for. We just visited the orthodontist yesterday and I guess I have a whole year to prepare for the "boy's clinic". He is a cute kid. And so great with Max!

Trevor and Brooke said...

Marshall will definantly need therapy! Wouldn't you have just died? Oh wait, your mom probably did that to you, but can you imagine if your dad showed up? So funny though. It looks like you guys had a great trip, but I think I'm now ready for the sun!

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I have the big boy clinic in April and I am definitely not going! I think Craig will go and that is just fine with me. I am so stressed at all that he is about to know anything of that nature! Looks like you had a great time in Targhee! I was dying because when I glanced at the picture I thought Lauren looked so much like Amber!

Christie Stewart said...

Oh, I know at what point Marshall started to hate you, and I emphasize STARTED, that would be when you showed up to the "Big Boy Clinic". Are you kidding me? Do you want him to get beat up?

And since when is it called the "Big Boy Clinic"? It is called Sexual Education AKA Sex Ed. "Big Boy Clinic" is for my 2 year old turning 3. He is a Big Boy now. LOL!

Emily you seriously kill me. I think yours is one of the only BLOGS that I laugh out loud when I read! Too funny!

Nicole said...

Your kids are adorable. Devin had them on for 6 years and head gear. Let's just say that his wife will appreciate your efforts in straightening his teeth!

Unknown said...

You're so funny! Looks like a fun vacation for the kids! Did the adults have fun too? :)

M7 said...

I've never had "Big Boy Clinic" but someone said me that initially it's pestering, but, waiting some weeks, it's normal.

Is it funny for the boy ? ;)

PS - Please don't joke my English. Italians don't speak it very good.

M7 said...

Hihi for the first part. It's normal for the actual boys. :) Where is Targhee ? However I think everybody had fun.