Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Where is my EPI pen?

This is great I finally found a Bee that I am not allergic to!!! A quilting Bee!! I am in love with it. I have this fabulous friend that has been quilting forever and is, well, a professional if she ever sold her stuff, which is GORGEOUS!!! Anyway, she took on the most difficult students, me and Judy.


I have been crocheting for years and what I love about it is that you don't have to be a perfectionist. Well, in quilting it isn't really the same. I keep going along and saying, "oh, that won't matter, will it?" Well, here is a picture of one of my squares. I have 19 others that look just like it. Feel free to brag and comment on how beautiful it looks for my first time. No need to point out my mistakes, I can see them!!

I invite you all to take up quilting and join my bee. We have great fun, lots of laughs, and as you know me, plenty of good treats!! Come on come all. And if you are allergic to bees like me, I promise you will be safe.

13 comments:

Nana said...

What a great blog!! I love your new hobbie and it might inspire me to quilt just so I can have some of treats!! Yum!

Kev and Aubs said...

I stay as far from sewing of any kind as I can. Good for you and good luck. I think your square is nothing short of perfection.

Trevor and Brooke said...

I've quilted a little and love it too. You feel like you've really accomplished something. Your square looks great!

Amber said...

I am so impressed!!! It looks great! I love to quilt and used to be in a club. But the reality of life taught me it just was not my season. However, if I can get yummy treat I might need to make it my season! Good luck.

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

Wow I am so impressed! I couldn't do that if my life depended on it! You are always doing or learning something new! You are so inspiring! Love you

Kristin said...

Emily! I love your block! The fabric you picked is so beautiful, it will be amazing when you are finished. I would ALWAYS have someone else quilt my tops because it really is not my favorite part and I think it is a totally different art. Of course, our budget doesn't allow for that at this time, so I do it on my own machine or by hand. I can't wait to see the progress you make! Feel free to call me if ever you want to "quilt" talk!

Nicole said...

I love it! Lets just say that I ignored and didn't fix my mistakes on my quilt. It is under construction with the huge sewing machine for designs on the squares. I could tell she was eyeing my quilt and noticing my mess-ups! I don't care, I'm so proud of myself that you could call it ugly and I wouldn't hear you! Your square on the other hand is flawless compared to mine. It is gorgeous!
--Nicole

Denice said...

I have to laugh, because I remember the day you came and had me help you sew your son's baby blanket back together! I know you'll love quilting -- not that I do it! But someday when my kids are a little bit older (that's not today!) I want to learn to quilt. I love your square -- it looks great! Keep me updated!

Unknown said...

Very nice! I love to sew, but have never quilted. I think I would spend too much money and time doing it!

Dan K Shaw said...

you would be in grandma Shaw's will forever if she knew this was your new hobby. Looks great, Love you.

Nicole said...

You are right, I have repented and will call you next time I come in! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Plotter, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://plotter-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Mandee said...

Emily, you are the best!