Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm An Addict!!

Okay, it is official, I got sucked in and I am an addict!! Let me start from the beginning. Most of the people that read my blog know that I stalk someone's blog on a fairly regular basis. To keep her anonymity I will not name her, but she is the funniest person I have ever read and I take her opinions pretty seriously because she seems like a cool cat. Anyway, she went on and on about this Twilight series of books and couldn't stop talking about how great they were. I actually didn't listen to her on this topic. Why? You may be asking yourself, because my son had read the first one and liked it. He is 10. Okay, okay, I am sooo prejudging this person that I respect so much and every other person that has told me to read these books. So, now you may be asking yourself, why did you change your mind? Well, here is my story (not really that deep might I add)

I went to Kate's soccer practice on Thursday night and was chatting with one of the other mothers there who is the friendliest women I know. She immediately asks me if I have read the Twilight series. I role my eyes and say "NO" and then she proceeds to tell me how it is the best love story that she has ever read and that she gets goose bumps every time she reads about Edward, then she tells me that it is a Tween book so she could do with a little more in the love department but that it is so well written that it keeps her heart pumping. WELL, need I say more, I said OKAY!! (I won't actually tell you what she said she wished would actually happen because I know that my grandma and my 12 year old niece sometimes read my blog, but you get the picture!) Now you know why I was on the bandwagon!! So, Friday morning I said nonchalantly, "Hey, Marshall, can I borrow Twilight." That was the last time I think I have spoken to my children or my husband. I have now read, Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse and I have to say I am in love, I am really in LOVE. I have many opinions about the book and I invite all of you that have read the books to join me in the discussion. If you haven't read them then stop right here and don't read my blog anymore because you have to read these books NOW!!!
I also have to say that I am so glad that I read all three books because I am not so sure I am going to let my 10 year old read the third one, it gets a little heavy on the lovey dovey part, which I couldn't have been more excited about, BUT he is only 10 so I think I will let him wait a few years.

Okay, so I don't want this blog to be forever long about these books, but this persons blog that I stalk, you know who you are and I just have to say that I couldn't disagree with you more on the Zac Efron thing. Zac could never and I mean NEVER be an Edward. I don't think that I have ever felt so strongly about something in my life so much so that I can feel it in the pit of my stomach!! I am sorry if I hurt your feelings, but the truth is that there really isn't anything in the world as great as Edward because I think that we all know that we are all married to Jacobs even though they have Edward moments they are all Jacobs. I am okay with that because deep down I think that it would bother me to have someone sooo devoted to me that every waking (which for Edward is 24 hours a day) moment was about me, I mean really I need ME time, but maybe I would feel differently if I was married to Edward, the most perfect man EVER...Oh, wait I am married to the most perfect man EVER!! (when he isn't watching sports!)

Okay, so to put the discussion on the table, here is my theory of the Twilight series...I think that Bella is something and won't be able to be turned into a vampire. There has to be a reason that Edward can't hear her thoughts. I'm not saying that she is a werewolf, but I am saying that she is some other kind of creature. Tell me your thoughts, I would love to know. Help talk me through this... I am now on the 12 step program to get back to real life. Convince me that I can do it.

19 comments:

Christie Stewart said...

I too am a recovering addict. I read all three in August. I do love them, but by the 3rd one I was like, come on already. Get it done. Both major events, you know what I am talking about. And when I was done reading the third one I was pissed off. I mean really mad. Who brings up a subject of turning a girl into a vampire in book one and then lets in go on and on and on. Through 1200 pages of reading and still it hasn't happened. So, when four comes out I am not reading it if she doesn't get it done already.

So, yes I liked the books. I read them. I give them 4 out of 5 stars. Bella is a little annoying and so condependent and Edward is pretty awesome. I am in love with him. But Emily, if you want to read a dang good book that is 5 out of 5 starts, read These Is My Words. There is a character in their named Jack Elliot, and I am in love with him. It will be a good book for you to get off the other on. And BTW everyone I have recommended it to has LOVED it!

Mandee said...

Whatever Emily. Zac Efron is hot!

And the only reason he is Edward in my head, is because

A. I think he's hot

and

2. I am FORCED to watch HSM2 daily at my house.

And I can't believe you didn't believe me when I said the series was so good. There's your karma for not winning my pay-it-forward! Ha ha!

Seriously though, it's taken me a few weeks to detach myself from the whole series. Although, I do still think about them every few days. And I miss them. Like friends.

And on her website, you can read the first chapter from her book from Edward's point of view. It's called Midnight Son.

Mandee said...

Sorry- Midnight Sun!

emily said...

Mandee, I can't believe that you would think that my comment is the reason I lost the contest. I am hurt really, hurt to the core. I mean my comment only stems from the fact that I just can't see how you can liken Zac, a man that spreads his spirit fingers on the golf course and starts to sing, with EDWARD!! Edward, the most perfect specimen ever.

I have been on her website, but I waited until I was finished with all three books because I didn't want to see who she thought would be a good cast. I didn't want it to ruin my vison of Edward and Bella. I thought her website was great.

Just so you know I will never, I mean never question your opinion again. I trust you always!!

Mandee said...

You trust me as long as I don't suggest Mr. Spirit Fingers to be cast in any movie. (I laughed at that comment by the way, cause you're kind of right.)

Amber said...

I really should not comment because I have not read the books yet. But Emily I just wanted you to know that I am keeping up with your blog and look forward to reading the books. I may post again after I have something to say!!!

Christie Stewart said...

Emily, she IS going to be a vampire. She can be one. I know it. Otherwise, why does she have that cold scar on her hand where James bit her. She was starting to turn. She is just going to have some special thing about her. We know she is going to have dreams that come true. There are way too many things set up for the transformation. It is going go happen. I would put money on it!

Tanya is good. Ryan and her are doing really good. We need to go to lunch again. That was really fun and I think you are right, we do think alike!!

So, yeah Jack Elliot. I read that book over a year ago and my love has not faded. It grows stronger. I am currently searching for my own personal Jack Elliot.

emily said...

Christie, I know that it is going to be a long time before we find out who is wrong and who is right about Bella, BUT just so you know, I am seldom wrong (about predictions in movies and books). Remember, she doesn't think Jacob smells bad and LOVES the way Edward smells (I would too). Just a thought.

Don't worry you will find your Jack Elliott some day. You deserve him. It is unfortunate that sometimes we have to go through a Jimmy or two to find Jack, but you will find him I know it. (Could you have died when Jimmy did, I personally wanted to kill him, what an A-hole).

emily said...

I am sorry about my language, I ment to say what a "Turkey!"

Denice said...

Ok, I have to agree with Emily, in that I seriously question whether Bella can become a vampire. There have been clues about her from the beginning that she was "different" - she doesn't fit in with everyone else, she attracts disasters everywere she goes (no one is THAT clumsy, and that really hasn't been addressed sufficiently) and of course, Edward can't read her thoughts. Something is up.
(Yeah, and Jack Elliot -- I haven't thought about him for a long time!!)

Denice said...

Ok, it's me again, just to say that I am catching up on your BLOG, and I keep leaving comments on your old posts, so some day when you are bored, go back and check for my comments!!
I think I may start my own blog -- this is fun!

Kristin said...

Emily! Finally, I can't believe it took you so long to read these books! I finished all three in a week! Have you read the first chapter of "Twilight" from Edwards perspective yet? (It's on Meyer's blog). I can't wait for #4 or #1 again from a different point of view!

So, I think Bella will totally be a Vampire. Unless she gets pregnant and then Jacob imprints on the baby.....that would be weird! And what about "that time of the month" isn't that an issue? I need more answers! What ever happens it better be good. Until then I'll keep dreaming of Edward. (Ooops I mean Kenley!)

emily said...

Kristen, I love that you have read them. I just finished them and I am thinking about rereading Twilight just so I can have Edward in my mind fresh again. I am so obsessed. Hey, your idea about Jacob imprinting on Bella's baby, HELLO!! That would be sooo weird especially if it were her and Edwards baby that they had before she turns into a vampire (which she won't). Cool idea though! Miss you!

lori said...

well, all i can say is i'm pretty excited to read these books for myself. it's amazing how many people just love this story!

now all i need is to find some time!

tara has read all 3 books in 3 days! that's over 1800 pages! crazy! it was a good distraction to help her get her mind off a missing sean soooo much!

*note sean has been gone in the mtc for only 3 days! :)

she closed the book of the last page and said, "now what am i going to do?! i can't wait until fall '08 for book #4!"

i guess she will just have to find another distraction.

any suggestions?!! she already has 2 jobs. . .

love you and your blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm always blog stalking! I'm a good friend of someone Mandee (who I don't know) knew in Bakersfield. When I have a spare minute between diaper changes, I'm jumping around seeing what other people are doing, and seeing what the rest of the world is up to besides here in Seattle!

I read the Eclipse series as fast as my little eyes could handle. My husband thought I was a loon. I kind of fell in love with Jacob, and everyone I go to church with and in our book club..thought I was nutso. I loved all the characters, who am I foolin!

emily said...

team biddle, I always see your comments on Mandee's blog and I can't believe that you like Jacob!! My only conclusion is that you are married to an actual Edward and you like to mix it up a little. I am not sure that I like you, if you have an actual Edward in your life...what is that all about!J/K

You are so welcome on my blog and it is nice to have you here. I would love to start stalking yours. Leave your blog address. Hope to hear from you more often.

I have to be honest, I did really like Jacob in the beginning before he became a WOLF he seemed to really care about Bella and he reminded me a lot about some boys that I wished I had taken the time to date in high school.

Terri said...

Ok Emily I have nothing to say on the books because I havent read them. But yea I have found you on the blogging world. I am so glad that if we cant seem to keep in touch on the phone I can on your blog. We need to get together. I cant believe your kids they are so old now. Your daughter looks just like you. Love it. And your mom looks great. Please say hi!

Terri said...

Ok so my bad you did get that it is me Terri right.
Love ya Emily!

Unknown said...

I agree with your addiction! My hubby said to me, "Who are you and what have you done with my wife?" You know me and reading! I have not read "Eclipse" yet but can't wait too!