Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Hilton Head, Pumpkins, and Remodel!!!


I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to update my blog. I have been out of town, but I know, no excuses!! Anyway, please relax, sit back and enjoy the slide show of what I have been up to for the last week or so. The first set of pictures are of Ryan and I in Hilton Head, South Carolina. It is an island just off the coast of South Carolina and it is BEAUTIFUL!! I loved it. The weather was a little rainy, but that made the temperature nice. The funny thing was that the sweet southerns kept apologizing for the "unusual" rain. I laughed because it was the greenest state I had ever been to. I couldn't look 50 feet in any direction without there being a grove of trees so thick I couldn't see through them. I kept thinking this couldn't be such an anomaly, it has to rain 4 out of 7 days here, it is so green. Anyway, Ryan and I had so much fun and we ate great seafood.

We came home and took the kids to the pumpkin patch which they look forward to every year. They love to carve pumpkins. They have almost as much fun buying them as they do carving them. Marshall stuck his head in the vampire spot for a picture and said, "Hey, Mom, look I am your own little Edward!" I love that kid, he is so stinkin cute. They also had some fun raking the leaves.

I also leave for a week and when I get back LOOK AT MY KITCHEN!! I not only have floors, but doors, painted wall, and cabinets!! I am so excited and think I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel. Please feel free to make yummy comments about my kitchen; however, if you don't like it keep it to yourself because at this point there is nothing that I can do and I am over budget and it will only hurt my feelings I am afraid. Anyway, I am loving it and so excited to invite you all over for yummy food!!!

I have missed you all and will keep you updated more. Sorry, for the long pause. I will post a movie quote soon. I thought I would do it in a few days. Enjoy the pictures. Love you all!!

14 comments:

heather said...

Em-
Your kitchen looks great! How exciting for you. That picture of the pumpkins on your porch is cool, but with Marshall and Kate in the haze they look like ghost. A little freaky! I'm glad you had fun at Hilton Head. Your kids were great, and Byron and I thought that we might have to take them on all of our family vacations because it made it so much fun for the boys.

Terri said...

Your so good to me. Thank you for your sweet comments. I do very much love your kitchen!!!! How much fun that you went on a trip to South Carolina, I loved your sunset picture. Have you looked at Troys Blog yet...its on my blog. Love you Em... Happy Halloween!!!!

Amber said...

I love your kitchen!!! It looks great. The colors, the cabinets, the floors, the doors all look great. I am so excited to see it for real. I am planning on some great food at Christmas. It looked like you and Ryan had a good time. That place looks beautiful. Mark and I are getting away next week, but just to a hotel down the street. However, I am excited to just get away it does not matter where we go. We are carving pumpkins tonight wish us luck. I hope they turn out as well as your pumpkins did. Great slide show, thanks for sharing.

Trevor and Brooke said...

Love your pictures. Isn't the south beautiful? It's not that it rains all the time to make it so green, but when it rains it comes down in buckets and that is what keeps it so green. We miss it, so I loved seeing your pictures. The kitchen looks amazing!

Katie said...

Well you kitchen is pretty unbelieveable! So, no worries on getting negative comments on this blog! What a fun vacation. I hope Ryan got some golfing in on Hilton Head - what a sweet treat right before all trhe insanity of the holiday's beging.

lori said...

fun, fun slideshow!

i love seeing all the great pictures.

tell marshall i loved the one with just his feet sticking out of the big pile of leaves!

oh, to be a child again!

having children around makes life so much more enjoyable!

now a word about your kitchen.

actually, words cannot even begin to describe your new kitchen. . .

but wish me luck, here i go. . .

holy cow! holy moly! holy mackerel! gadzooks! whoa! stunning! extraordinary! spectacular! breathtaking! sensational! phenomenal! wow-dee dow!

how did i do?

should i go on?

i think you get the idea.

i LOVE it!

emily said...

Thanks you all you made my day. I love to hear that you all love my kitchen!! It makes having 6 strange men messing around in my house seem a little less wierd when at the end of the day my house looks like this and my friends say such nice things!! Thank you.

Starr said...

Em,
I also love the kitchen! Are you having 2 fridges.. or is the other opening for ovens? Either way, it is sweet! Your house looks huge to be in this area. Where is it?
I'm also jealous about the vacation. How fun!

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I love your kitchen! I can't believe how big it looks! I can't wait to come and see it in person and hopefully eat something yummy! I didn't realize you were out of town. I wondered why you hadn't updated in awhile. Hopefully we will talk soon. Miss you and love you!

emily said...

Hey Starr, Yes I live in a big ass house right in Sugarhouse I will be having two fridges, three stoves and a maid!! Just kidding, picutres can be deceiving, my house is a not that big, I will only have one fridge and the other space is for a stove, the reason it looks so big is because I took out the walls between the kitchen and the formal dinning room and made it one big kitchen so it is a bigger kitchen for Sugarhouse, but unfortuately not a bigger house.

Jess, I am soooo excited to have you over for yummy food and you can expect an invite the second I get the granite put in and I have a kitchen sink!! Love you too.

Denice said...

Well Emily, about your kitchen. . . well, I hate to tell you, but. . .
Ok, I'm JUST KIDDING!! You know it is beautiful, and your house looks like a WHOLE NEW HOUSE!! I love, love, love it (and I have to stop thinking about it now, or my home equity line will regret it. . .)

Dan K Shaw said...

I am so happy for you. Your Kitchen is beautiful!!! But not nearly as beautiful as your Kids, how much fun are they. I am glad you and Ryan got away that is so important, it looks like you had a great time. Can't wait to see the Kitchen when it is all done. I am proud of you and all you do.

Kara said...

Your kitchen looks awesome! It will be even better when you get the granite in! Can you stand it?

emily said...

Kara, I am waiting for my granite people to call me back to see if they can put the granite in this week!! I am sooo excited that I think I just peed a little. I can't wait to show you when it is all in.