Thursday, May 8, 2008

Obsessed Much!!

Okay you all know that I am obsessed with the Twilight series and yes I am sure I will love the movies also, because I LOVE movies. I naturally have an obsessive personality (which I am sure that my husband is grateful for, tee hee hee). So, the discussion begins. Now that you have seen the preview for the movie I have to say that I actually agree with the casting of Bella and Edward. I didn't even think to cast Cedrick Diggory for Edward; however, I did shed a mini tear when he died in Harry Potter and not because he was such a great character, but because he was so stinkin handsome and I was sad to see him go and leave Harry and Ron. What a British pity.

Anyway,Bella's cast is great because she is pretty and yet has that constant look of confusion. She did that well in Zathura also. I am already getting little butterflies of excitement in my stomach to see the movie. I am happy to be in Stephenie Meyer mode all over again. I of course have begun her newest novel.




For all of you wondering out there if it was just a fluke with the Twilight series, NO WAY!! I am again HOOKED. It is a page turner and just as fun. However, just to let you know. This might make it more readable, this is not a children's book, this is for adults. So, needless to say, I was all over it and loving it. Not, that I didn't love the Twilight series, but I am very glad that this is an adult novel. Once again, obsessive much!!

So, on to my next obsession. QUILTING!! I love it and want to do it more and more. I however feel like I am bothering my dear friend all the time because she is so sweet and letting me do it at her house on her machine. So, my new obsession, again that I am sure my husband it very excited about is...

The Bernina 230!!
I know that it is so beautiful that you all are drooling from the mouth. Well, it can be MINE with your kind donations. Please feel free to send cash, check, or money order to my address. I promise that it will be used with love and care. If you send money (over $50) I will make you a quilt of thanks. (size of quilt is determined on size of donation).

Lastly, I went to Las Vegas last weekend for my sweet niece Sarah's Baptism. She is the cutest thing ever and I am so glad that I went. I took Kate and she got to spend the weekend with her cousins. A fun time was had by all.

I took some girlfriends and stayed at the Paris Hotel and "did" Vegas!! I would love to give detail...but what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but I will give you the top 5 things I learned going to Vegas that I didn't know before I went.

1. Apparently underwear is optional (we found this out first hand)
2. Apparently you have to have a drink in your hand at all times of the day.
3. Apparently being from Vegas is of no help when you haven't been there in 15 years.
4. Apparently asking the hotel where the closest movie theatre is, is not a common question.
5. Apparently two days is plenty of time to be in Vegas, but not enough time to eat at all the fantastic restaurants!

6 comments:

heather said...

Yes, you are obsessed! It took me awhile to figure out that he is Cedric Diggory from Harry Potter. It was bugging me where I had seen him. Can you wait until December?

Nana said...

This was a laugh out loud blog! But I think that you may have to explain the underware thing so your fellow bloggers don't think you got this information first hand by going without yours. And I agree that "Host" is a fun read.

emily said...

Mom I am sure that my readers don't think that I went without underwear! And, if they do, all the more fun I suppose.

Unknown said...

by the way, Elain's is definatley not for bridal material! But they have fantastic material!!!!!!! Holy cow! And there is tons of options! Thanks for guidance! It was sooo great to see you!

Nicole said...

I'm so excited for you! The sewing machine looks amazing. I'm glad that you had fun in Las Vegas. The weather and food is a guarentee for a great weekend. Oh, and yes, I have an obsession with Twilight as well. I loved watching the movies you put up on your blog!

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

I am totally with you on Cedric Diggory; we were hoping for a revival of Cedric just to see him again.