Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rocky Mountain High COLORADO!!!




This raging river is amazing and beautiful and a site to see; however, I tell you not quite a site as the beautiful, funny, smart, engaging, entertaining, and enjoyable lady that Sawyer has been dating!! Ryan and I took the kids to Colorado this weekend to go see Mike, Mikey, Michael, SawDawg, Sawyer and what a treat is was to visit him and see exactly what he has been up to. Let me tell you she is beautiful and I have been thinking that if things don't work out we may just have to keep her and get rid of the Dawgler.

The trip started out slow for we hit traffic, traffic, and then more traffic. Then we went into Spanish Fork Canyon and thought it would be a great idea to just put our car into park for about 2 hours. After we got to know all the cars around us and the kids got to run around for a while we finally rolled into Mike's place around 2:00 a.m. For all of you out there with kids, visit with me for a while that enjoyable fairy land where your kids think that you are going on a 5 hour drive and it turns into an 8 hour drive and they love each other so much that they giggle and laugh the whole way telling each other all the way that they love each other and can't wait to get out of the car so that they can HUG!! Yes, that was my car. I am so lucky to have such children that never fight or say things like, "stop touching me," or "No" or "that's mine, that's mine, that's mine." I really love when my children repeat things over and over and over again because hearing it just once is NEVER enough.

We did get to Colorado safely which is important. We got up and Mike made an amazing breakfast (maybe if my husband had been single longer he would have learned how to cook). Then we went up to Aspen. Talk about gorgeous!! We had a blast. Here are a few pictures from my camera phone because I forgot the camera. We went to John Denver's Sanctuary. Apparently that is what you do when you go to Aspen. I didn't know that John Denver was from Aspen and asked Ryan if he knew that and he said, "I don't know but I do know that his Grandma's feather bed is nine feet high and six feet wide and soft as a downy chick!" That man kills me.

















Hanging out of the rocks of lyrics of John Denver Songs!!



















We came back and had Bethany over, yes, the better half of Mike. Bethany came over and we had dinner then walked down by the river and went to a movie. The next day the boys went golfing and the girls went shopping and fun was had by all. It was a trip to remember. Colorado is breathtaking and I can see why Mike stays. He has quite the life there. He lives in the cutest town and is in walking distance to just about everything. Now he just needs to figure out how to keep this Bethany and all will be well.






Kids along the Colorado!!
















Mike and kids on the bridge of the Colorado!!






Bethany, Kate, and Mike


In front of a huge totem pole.
















Ryan, Kate, Marshall, and Mike in front of Mike's house and in front of Mike's POS of a car. Seriously, he hit a deer and backed into a pole and hit something else, but it is a diesel and worth a ton so he won't sell the stupid thing. It is a serious POS he can't even get in the driver's side he has to go through the passenger door. Whatever Dawgler!

7 comments:

Christie Stewart said...

There are days at work when I take a minute to looked at blogs. I always check yours because you crack me up. Sounds like a great trip. I also posted a reply on my blog about Indiana Jones...

Denice said...

Looks like you had a fun time! I love Colorado. Great pictures!

Terri said...

Em I am so sorry about not calling you back. Iam so horrible at that. No baby yet!!!!! I wish but 4 1/2 weeks left. It just has not been a good pregnancy so I am in my wooo is me mood. Come down and visit me...would ya please. I would love to see you but Iam not a very good traveler right now. Sooo call me again sweets. Love the Colorado pixs, so much fun.

Kristen said...

Wow Emily it looks like you guys had so much fun! I have never been to Colorado but it looks amazing! This is Kristen Eddington by the way! I haven't seen you forever so it's fun to see what you've been up too!

Dan K Shaw said...

Looks like a great trip. I can't believe the Dwag has a girl friend, the amazing thing is she looks like she shaves!!. Push the guy to not let this one go. Glad you had a great time. Love you guys.

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

Looks like you had a great time and I'm sure your kids were hugging all the way there!(whatever) :) I loved talking and eating with you at Guadalahonky's the other night! I really look forward to our girls night out! Your kids are getting so big and are so cute! I loved the Colorado pictures! Love you

married with children said...

are your kids seriously that perfect??!!!! what the hell??? i sat in the far back, alone, the whole ride there! i was still miserable as they whined and complained. i'm so glad you posted on my blog! what a sappy, fun way to keep in touch - seems like only my mormon friends do this...
still waiting for the damn kitchen. i'll be waiting forever just like i will for my own "blue" box to arrive - oh the pain!