Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Kate's Growing Popcorn!!





You are all going to think that I am making this story up, but I promise you it is all the truth. About a month ago Kate came up to me and asked if she could go and plant something in the yard. I asked her what she was going to plant and she informed me that she thought that if she planted some popcorn kernels that she could grow some corn. I tried really hard not to laugh. I smiled and told her to go ahead and knock herself out. Well, this is a picture of Kate and Sarah (my niece) in front of Kate's popcorn stalk!! She planted two popcorn kernels and now I have corn growing next to my basketball hoop! Who would have thought (other than my 7 year old) that you could grow corn from popcorn? I love being proven wrong by my children on a daily basis. I just love that she really thought that she could grow corn and then corn grew in my yard! I am amazed everyday when I see it grow taller and taller. We can't wait to cook it up with some chicken. I have had to tell her though that we already own a cat and a dog, I am not buying any chickens to go with the corn.

2 comments:

heather said...

I think that is awesome that a cornstalk grew. Zac once planted an apple seed, but it didn't grow an apple tree. Oh wait that's not true I forgot he planted an apple core, maybe that was the problem.

lori said...

that is truly the 'corniest' story i have ever heard!