Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Money Pit

Note the lovely light still hanging, given by H (thanks Heather!) It might not last much longer.

Yes, we are still living in our home!!


These before pictures show the need to remodel!




Okay, okay, okay!! For those of you that know me there are three things that I can't live without: Diet Coke, DVR, and %$# in that order. However, I have an obsession that has taken over my life now and everyone that I come in contact with has to listen to me talk about it. That new obsession is my KITCHEN!! I am in the middle of a well needed kitchen remodel. At least anyone that knows me will agree that it is well needed. So I am going to take you all through the exciting process no matter how boring it may seem. I may have polls to ask your opinion on what you all think I should do. So it could be up to you to make my kitchen beautiful. To explain to the ones that are not completely familiar with my home. I have a kitchen and a formal dining room. I am getting rid of the walls between the two rooms and making them one big room, kitchen. It makes my only stairway obsolete so I am opening a secret stairway in another wall. Pretty Cool actually!! Here are some pictures. Enjoy!!

8 comments:

Nana said...

I remodeled my kitchen once in Las Vegas...I didn't even know it! That is how much I cooked. I don't know anyone that would use a new kitchen more than you. Good Luck!

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! It is going to be awesome. I have to say, I love your mom's comment. That is classic. Let's do dinner again real soon. Miss you and love you!

Starr said...

Hey Emily! I saw your Blog on Jessies. I can't believe how old your kids are! I still have some pics of Marshall when he got the fullon cowboy gear & your mom took him to the circus. Do you still live on Mabey? Good luck with the kitchen I'm sure it will be awesome! Take Care, Starr

heather said...

It's going to look like an entirely different house. I feel bad we haven't had you over for dinner yet, but maybe once we get back in town you can come over and have a break from frozen dinners.

Kristin said...

I can't wait to see the new kitchen! I am so excited you started a blog!

Katie said...

How are you still living there!? Our girls night out was much needed. I can't wait for the after pictures. Honestly...my favorite thing ever is before and after anything...homes, makeovers, you name it! And I want the movie quotes to keep coming. Yes, I did know Say Anything - we own it. My husband is die hard 80s fan. His favorite movie ever is Can't Buy Me Love, so I loved Heather's post - I was a young child of the 80s, but I'm still hip with it :)

I loved seeing you too. It was so nice to see your mom and everyone at the picnic. We need to make it a regular event when we're all in town again.

meg said...

Emily!!
You totally deserve an amazing kitchen! I am so excited for it to be finished. We are having a massive bash at your house when it's finished and you can cater it! Ha ha! Yea for Emily's food!

lori said...

good luck with the remodel. you're going to need it! :)

seriously, i am very excited for you to have the kitchen of your dreams!

you deserve it!