Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Movie Quote!! & My nightmare of a house!!
















These very becoming pictures would be of the ceiling in my new kitchen after the refreshing rain that we received. Yes, it appears that my roof leaks and after much inspection needs to be completely replaced! So, now we are officially OVER, I repeat OVER budget!! One of the down sides of blogging is that you can't see the actual tears that I am shedding right at this moment! Trust me however, I was feeling pretty proud of myself for keeping this kitchen within budget and now I can just throw all my hard work to the dogs because we are going to be paying OFF this kitchen for the next 6 months.

Anyway, please feel free to take a moment of silence at this time, say a prayer, find your zen, or *57 the roofing gods whatever you must to keep my bid on the new roof under $15,000. That would be a great help to me. Oh, and also ask that it not RAIN for the next week too, that would also be helpful. Thank you all.

Now, on to something a little more fun. The movie quote. I have to say I am surprised that more of you didn't know She's The Man. It is a great movie and I challenge you all to go out and rent it and watch it this week and tell me how much you loved this movie. I will still come to my own blog and just watch the trailer and laugh. Amanda Bynes is sooo funny, she is someone that I think deserves her fame. You know there are so many famous people that don't deserve his/her fame in my opinion. Here are a few that I don't think deserve fame:

1. O.J. Simpson (maybe he deserved it for being an athlete, but NOT for killing his wife!)
2. Richard Simmons (So you lost a lot of weight, great, but if you can't find pants or a haircut in 25 years you don't deserve fame in my opinion!)
3. Paris Hilton (Just because your daddy is rich you shouldn't have fans, I never did)
4. Kevin Federline (There is absolutely nothing worth being famous about this guy and his wife does deserve to be famous, but is pushing it.)

These are just a few examples, because if you know me I could go on and on forever, like honestly why was Molly Ringwald ever cast in a movie I will never know, but back to what you are all waiting for which is this weeks quote. Oh, wait...if you have anyone that you would like to add to the list please do so, I love and obsess about famous people therefore, I love to gossip. So, if you want to tell me why someone should NOT be famous please join in on the rant, I would love to hear!!

Okay, this weeks quote. I hope you are all a little better at this one.

What color is my tongue, what color is it?"

"It's red, I dunno- red."

"Red red or tongue red?"

"Razzle red."

14 comments:

heather said...

O.K. Em I actually might know this one. And look I am the first one to write in! My guess is 13 going on 30!

Trevor and Brooke said...

Love this movie and also think that is the answer. Couldn't you group Nicole Richie with Paris Hilton? So her dad sang a few songs - how does that make her famous??

emily said...

Brooke, Amen on Nicole Richie. I also think that there should be a weight limit on famous people. If it is obvious that you vomit on a regular basis and haven't had a cookie since your 8th birthday then NO FAME!! Take it away like the soup nazi.

heather said...

So Em I have been thinking about this all day and I have to admit you brought up the most obvious ones so it has been difficult for me. Most of them consist of the Saved By The Bell and Beverly Hills 90210 cast. Screech-he was a sucky actor and you knew his stardom would not go past Saved By The Bell (you could include the principal in that too.) Ian Zeinger-so he married a model and did dancing with the stars. That does not null and void his pathetic character on 90210. Tiffani Amber Theissen who was on both "The Bell" and 90210. Anyone who goes by all three names should not be famous. Tori Spelling -we all know she only got a part on 90210 because her dad was the producer, I will admit that she has redeemed herself a little with her reality show. But that is more because of her husband than her. As I write Zac is watching one of the shows of whom I would put on the list. The twins from Zach and Cody. They both are crappy actors and that show drives me nuts. Now I know I might offend a few here, but I believe that most, save a few,of the people that Disney employs are crap. Disney just knows how to mass produce the same thing year in and year out. Give Hannanh Montana a few more years and she will be having K Fed's baby,shaving her hair, and having all forms of her body falling out everywhere. Well, I've ranted long enough. I'm sure I will think of more but will refrain for now!

emily said...

Heather, you are so freakin hilarious!! I can't believe that you mention Zac and Cody because I was totally going to put them on my blog but then I thought that I would just get started on my Disney rant and who knows how long that could be. I hate, I really mean this, HATE that show. You nailed it with "The Bell" and 90210 characters. That is so perfect. No one says it quite like you. You really are the funny one.

Amber said...

I am SOOOOOOO SORRY about your house!!!! I will take blue paint any day. I will keep you in our prayers.

I will agree with Heather. I hate having the Disney channel on in the evenings. Any day I distract the kids enough to forget to watch is counted as a success. On the few days I don't I often have them watch on mute! My kids are crasy enough to want to watch without sound than not at all. It is so sad.

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

This post is so great! I could go on for a long time about the teen trash actors. A couple that you forgot to mention is Drake and Josh fron Nickelodeon. Holy crap I hate that show and they are what I like to call "over actors." I agree with all of your other actors and actresses that you put on your blog. And I have to say how horrible is Billy Ray Cyrus as an actor (Hannah Montana's dad). He is the worst and I am embarassed for him. As far as Zac and Cody goes, they are fat, bad hair, pre teen dorks and I can't figure out why my kids love that show. It must be the same reason we loved Different Strokes, Facts of Life, Silver Spoons and all of the other wonderful 80's hits. If you have ever gone back and watched any of those, you will all agree with me that it is painful to watch. Okay, I am done.

emily said...

Jess, I am so with you on Billy Ray Cyrus, he is the worst actor ever, just this side of John, Marlena's husband, on Days of our Lives. The eyebrow lift has been done one too many times. Oh, and if I see Arnold, a.k.a Gary Coleman do any more stupid commercial for "get money fast" I may actually shed a real tear for how pathetic his life has become.

I need to stop I feel anther child star rant coming on. Thanks for your comment I love it. We need to get together for dinner again, let me know when it works for you and Brooke.

Mandee said...

Billy Ray is horrible.

Let's talk about news people who shouldn't be on the news. Like, Tonya Papanikolas. She drives me nuts! Hopefully, she's not related and doesn't read your blog.

And I have no idea about the movie quote. I suck at this game!

Katie said...

I'm not the first, but totally knew it was 13 going on 30, b/c it's the only movie that talks about Razzles! I agree with most people on your list as well, but what can I say??? I read People, US Weekly and every trash magazine that loves those "famous by association" people. So I guess, in a way I am totally supporting their famousness (not a word, but you get the idea). It's a sad, sick world. :)

Christie Stewart said...

Hey Emily... I like to get on from time to time and see how your kitchen is coming and to see what the latest movie quote is. I have to say this weeks was an easy one. Of course it is 13 going on 30. I love that movie. I have a quote for you. I was watching this movie the other day and this line made me laugh and it made me think of you and your quotes. It is a rated R movie. Yes I admit I watch them.

"Grief is nature's most powerful aphrodisiac."

Dan K Shaw said...

And you thought I had no computer skills. I will admit I had to call my IT guy to figure this out, but at least I was smart enough to do that. I have no clue on the movie quote as I have not been to a movie sense paint your wagon. OJ deserves the spot light, anyone named orenthal is cursed from the get go and isn't smart enough to get to sq one. with refernce to the other don't know them as I have not been to a movie in years. what about some gossip on people like Allan Greenspan, or Sam Zell, or Gordon Brown. People that really do something of import in life, I am sure you all know who they are.

emily said...

Christie,

Great movie quote, it got me thinking...it immediately sounded familiar and I could just see the look on Will Ferrils face when he said the line. I love love love this movie. Wedding Crashers is a classic!! Nice quote. Send them my way anytime. Glad to see you on my blog Christie. Tell me your blog address so I can visit you.

emily said...

Dad,
Glad to see that you figured it out. I hope that you visit often, and okay fine so all those people maybe deserve fame, but the point was people that DON"T deserve fame. Yes, I do know who all those people are and you have to be kidding if you are telling me that you don't know who Richard Simmons is? Hello, he wears nothing but nutters and an afro and dances around yelling trying to get the world to lose 10 lbs.